We are excited to announce that May 2020 is Community Action Month, a celebration of the accomplishments of Community Action Agencies across the country who are a robust state and local force—reaching children and families in 99 percent of America’s counties with life-changing services that create pathways to prosperity.
As a Community Action Agency we are committed to the Promise of Community Action: to change people’s lives, embody the spirit of hope, improve communities, and make America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
In fiscal year 2019 our agency served 14,628 individuals with a low income and transformed their lives by helping them become self-sufficient.
It’s Community Action Month! Here’s how you can participate:
- Spirit Week is May 4-8. Plan your wardrobe with all of us in this fun week and share your pics! Silly Sock Day, Jungle Day and more. See the details here.
- Like and share our posts on our Facebook page. We’ll be sharing stories, data, information, and more.
- Color and post a Huggy Heart
- Print off, take a selfie with, post and tag us with the I love Community Action Huggy Heart
- Share your personal story about Community Action on Facebook, tag us @CommunityActionofSoutheastIowa and use #BeCommunityAction or #CommunityActionWorks
- Or send your story to Rachel with permission to share
- Explore our history, services, or resources on our website.
- Personally thank a Community Action employee or donor. We are stronger together.