- Burlington Head Start Vaccination Closure Letter – 03/08/2021
- Burlington site will be closed March 25th and 26th
- Head Start Parent Update – 02/03/2021
- Head Start Parent Update – 01/19/2021
- Head Start Parent Update – 11/13/2020
- Head Start Parent Update – 11/5/2020
- Parent Guide to COVID-19
- Return to Learn Plan 2020 Parent Letter
- Corse School Parent Update Letter
- Opening June 15, 2020 Update Letter
About Head Start
- FY 2020-2021 Family Head Start/EHS Calendar Ft Madison
- FY 2020-2021 Family Head Start/EHS Calendar
- Description of Programs
- Classroom Locations and Facebook links
- For More Information and Reports
Online Application for Head Start and Early Head Start
Listen in as our Head Start Director reads. Watch the YouTube playlist here.
Head Start and Early Head Start are programs where children and families are educated, challenged and empowered to embrace their potential for success in life. One child, one family at a time.
Head Start is a federally funded, non-profit program dedicated to providing quality school readiness and family support services to those of low income.
HEAD START is a preschool and child development program for children 3-5 years of age. We offer part day classes which operate Monday-Thursday for 3 ½ – 4 hours per day. Transportation may be available. We offer full day classes which operate Monday-Friday and hours of care are based on parent work, school or job training schedules. Transportation is not provided for the full day classroom as longer hours of care may be available from 6:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m.
EARLY HEAD START is a child care and child development program for infants and toddlers (birth to 3 years of age). Early Head Start provides prenatal education to pregnant mothers and their partners as a slot is reserved for the baby until they are delivered and able to start attending. This program is for parents who are working, in school, or in job training.
There is NO COST for families who participate in our programs, however, families must meet income requirements to participate.
We also provide services to children with disabilities and special needs in partnership with local school programs and area education agencies.
Families of children in foster care and/or who are homeless are encouraged to apply.