“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, What are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
Read past monthly e-newsletters or sign up to receive them here.
Have you received services from us in the past year? If so, please take our Fiscal Year 2021 Client Satisfaction Survey. Information will be used by Community Action for planning and delivery of agency programs and services.
Volunteers are appreciated in many of our programs. Opportunities may include reading to children, serving on an advisory board, helping in the local food pantry, receptionist duties, cleaning or a variety of other openings.
- Take a look at our Volunteer Manual to get a little more information.
- Contact your local center for details.
Community Action of Southeast Iowa is a 501(c)3 private non-profit. Gifts may be tax deductible.
- Complete our Donation Form or provide a cover letter including name, address, amount and designation.
- Make checks payable to Community Action of Southeast Iowa.
- Mail checks to
Community Action of Southeast Iowa (Central Office)
2850 Mt. Pleasant St., Suite 108
Burlington IA 52601
Common items welcomed in our pantries include:
- Canned meats
- Canned fruits
- Peanut butter
- Dry goods
- Toilet Paper
- Hygiene products (soaps, cleaning supplies, feminine hygiene, bathroom supplies)
Donations of goods and services must be evaluated for suitability prior to acceptance.
Some programs such as the food pantry, emergency rental assistance and emergency utility assistance are funded by private local donations. Your endowment can assist people in your community for years to come. Contact central office for details: 319-753-0193.
“The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” — William Shakespeare