Community Action of Southeast Iowa is able to assist in completion of forms for those who qualify for Rent Reimbursement through the Iowa IRS. Set up an appointment at your local center.
- Qualifications for application
- Rent Reimbursement Information
- Iowa Department of Revenue Rent Reimbursement Questions
- Iowa Legal Aid Rent Reimbursement Information
- 2017 Form
- 2018 Form (coming soon)
Bring to your appointment:
- Documentation of rent paid (one of the following three)
- Lease or rental agreement
- Rent receipts
- Letter from the landlord (on a letterhead) including landlord information
- Documentation of how much HUD or Section 8 paid for the year.
- This may be obtained from HUD, Section 8, or possibly from your housing apartment manager.
- Full Year income documentation for the household
- Bring all that apply:
- SSA Form 1099, SSDI, VA, and Railroad Disability Income, Child Support, Alimony, FIP, Children’s SSI, Welfare payments, Gambling income, Letter of full year income from Social Security Administration, W-2 or taxes
- Landlord information for each place where rent was paid
- Address and phone number
- If disabled and under the age of 65: award letter stating date became disabled or SSA Form 1099.
Rent Reimbursement is a refund through the Iowa IRS. Community Action has no control over this program, when, how, or if you will receive reimbursement.
For questions regarding your refund you may call the Iowa IRS at 1-800-572-3944 automated line or the Des Moines Iowa Center 1-800-367-3388 or input your information on their website: https://wheresmyrent.idr.iowa.gov/