Housing assistance, through Community Action of Southeast Iowa, is dependent upon local, state and federal grants, foundations and donations. Availability of funds varies based on funding sources and qualifications.
Those in need of housing assistance are encouraged to call their local center and talk with a Family Development Specialist regarding their needs.
Assistance is sometimes able to be given to prevent homelessness for those with eviction notices, assistance on past due rent, or funding to end a homeless situation.
Home owners (and renters) are encouraged to apply for Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) between the months of October and April each year.
- Homelessness Resources and Information
- Community Action Homelessness Assistance
- Iowa Mortgage Help
- State-wide referral hotline, foreclosure intervention and negotiation, mediation services (website available in Spanish)
- Rent Reimbursement
- Elderly Home Repair
- Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
- HUD Resource Map
- Other Resources
- Landlord Lists are on our Resources Page under Housing
- Iowa Housing Resources
- Eviction Law Information – 1 page flyer
- Flyer in other languages
- Iowa Legal Aid for housing related issues
- Iowa Legal Aid Eviction Information
- Iowa International Center – Assistance in 180 languages
- Free housing interpretation hotline helps landlords and limited-English-speaking tenants communicate better during rent and lease negotiations, maintenance notifications and repairs, lease terminations, or whenever clear communication is essential
- 515-282-8269, ext. 5
Utility assistance is dependent upon local, state and federal grants, foundations and donations. Availability of funds varies based on funding sources and may vary in each county.
LIHEAP is a national program to assist with utility costs.
For assistance with other local utilities call your local center and talk with a Family Development Specialist regarding your needs.